ZUCCHINI SALAD WITH PINE NUTS
Elegant and delisious dish and easy to cook
- 4 zucchini, small (about 5 inches or 16 cm)
- flaked sea salt
- vinaigrette dressing (home-made or shop-bought, nice quality)
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts (heaped, I used a lot and didn't measure)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shaved (use any sharp, flavourful cheese)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash, top and tail the zucchini.
- Using a potato peeler or mandoline, shave the zucchini into ribbons. Discard the outside edges and the last parts you cannot really slice properly.
- Put the zucchini in a sieve or colander, sprinkle lightly with sea salt, (lifting them with your hand to distribute evenly).
- Leave for 30 - 60 mins over a bowl to drain.
- Heat a small pan, add the pine nuts. Let the nuts heat and color a little, shaking the pan (they burn easily!). Then take off the heat.
- Add the Tabasco to the vinaigrette, and whisk with a fork to mix. Don't use a creamy dressing, which does not suit this delicate salad.
- The zucchini does not shed a lot of liquid, so after some time, put it into a bowl and toss with the vinaigrette.
- Shave the parmesan in large bits. (Or use any really sharp or flavourful cheese).
- Lift the zucchini from the dressing, into a shallow dish. Add the cheese to the shaved zucchini, and then sprinkle with the nuts. Sprinkle over black pepper.
These articles come directly from researchers and are passed on to everybody. SiberianPineNutOil.org assumes no liability for any content in these articles. For Educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.