ZUCCHINI AND RICOTTA PASTA WITH PINE NUT CRUMBLE
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 375g dried rigatoni pasta
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons pine nut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 150g baby spinach
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 200g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. Place pasta in a large heatproof bowl.
- Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, cut zucchini lengthways into thin ribbons. Heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, garlic and thyme. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until zucchini is just tender. Add spinach. Cook until just wilted. Add to pasta with parmesan, ricotta and reserved liquid. Stir.
- Heat remaining oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add pine nuts. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until light golden. Add breadcrumbs and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden.
- Serve pasta sprinkled with pine nut crumble.
These articles come directly from researchers and are passed on to everybody. SiberianPineNutOil.org assumes no liability for any content in these articles. For Educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
USA: +1-855-218-0888 (toll free)
Our warmest regards,