ROASTED BROCCOLI WITH LEMON & PINE NUTS
Elegant and delisious dish and easy to cook
- 1 large head of broccoli (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1 1/2-inch florets, stems peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup pine nut oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- Preheat the oven to 400°. On a large baking sheet, toss the broccoli florets and stems with 2 tablespoons of the pine nut oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the broccoli in the oven for about 30 minutes, tossing halfway through, until browned and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat until light golden all over, about 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the shallot and the remaining 2 tablespoons of pine nut oil; season the dressing with salt and pepper. Scrape the broccoli into a serving bowl. Add the dressing and toasted pine nuts, toss well and serve.
These articles come directly from researchers and are passed on to everybody. SiberianPineNutOil.org assumes no liability for any content in these articles. For Educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.