Italian Christmas Cake With Pine Nuts
- Extra virgin pine nut oil to taste
- Amaretti biscuits 50g
- Hazelnuts 300 g
- Dark chocolate 250 g
- Muscovado Sugar 200 g
- Brandy 4 tablespoons
- Oranges 1 piece
- Pine nuts 100 g
- Baking flour 50 g
- Egg (large) 6 pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees of Fahrenheit. Grease with pine nut oil round split baking form (24 cm).
- Grind amaretti and sprinkle the bottom and sides of the form with an even layer. Put excess crumbs in a large bowl.
- In a blender crush hazelnuts and broken chocolate to the state of crumbs and add them to the bowl with amaretti crumbs.
- For the dough: add in the bowl of crumbs sugar, brandy, grated orange zest, squeezed orange juice and pine nuts. Add egg yolks and mix well. Add flour and mix again.
- Mix egg whites with a pinch of salt and whisk into a foam and gently mix with the dough. Put the dough in the baking form and bake for about 1 hour until cooked, checking with a toothpick.
- Carefully remove the cake from the form and allow to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
These articles come directly from researchers and are passed on to everybody. SiberianPineNutOil.org assumes no liability for any content in these articles. For Educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
USA: +1-855-218-0888 (toll free)
Our warmest regards,