Pine nut caponata
How to cook Pine nut caponata
Cooking time: • Calories: 248 calories • Servings: 6
- Eggplant 1 piece
- Olive oil ½ cup
- Onion 1 piece
- Celery stalk 3 pieces
- Capers 1 tablespoon
- Pine nuts 1 tablespoon
- Tomatoes in their juice 800 g
- Sugar 1.5 tablespoons
- Wine Vinegar 3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut the eggplant in half. Salt generously and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse and dry well. Cut into small cubes.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil and fry the eggplants until soft for 8-10 minutes, but do not allow them to become very soft. Transfer to a large saucepan.
- In the pan, if necessary, add more oil and put the finely chopped onion. Pass until soft, then add diced celery and tomatoes. Cook for 15 minutes until the celery is soft, then add capers and nuts and place the mixture over the eggplants.
- In a small saucepan, mix vinegar and sugar, add salt and pepper to taste, and lightly heat. Pour over the eggplants, cover and simmer on low heat until the vegetables are soft, but not until they are smashy. Stir occasionally. Leave to cool and refrigerate for a while.
TIP TO THE RECIPE
You can add sweet peppers or replace celery with them. To do this, stalk and seeds have to be removed from peppers. They will have to be cut into slices and fried just like celery, until soft.
These articles come directly from researchers and are passed on to everybody. SiberianPineNutOil.org assumes no liability for any content in these articles. For Educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.