Biscotti with Parmesan, basil and pine nuts
- Pine Nuts ¾ cup
- Butter 6 tbp
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese 60 g
- Lemon rind 1 tsp
- Egg 2 pieces
- Milk ¼ cup
- Wheat flour 2 cups
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Dried basil 2 tsp
- Put pine kernels in a frying pan and put in an oven for 8-10 minutes, heated to 165 degrees of Farenheits.
- Mix butter, parmesan, basil, lemon zest, eggs and milk. Slightly beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Mix the flour with baking powder and pine nuts and combine with the previously prepared mixture. Stir with a mixer at a slow speed until the dough is ready.
- Roll out the dough in the shape of a rectangle: about 60 cm in length and 2 cm thick.
- Put parchment paper on a baking pan or in a baking dish, put dough on it and place it to the oven, preheated to 320 degrees of Farenheits. Bake for 15 minutes.
- After removing the dough from the oven, cut it into slices about 2 cm wide (about 30 pieces should turn out), then turn it over and put it back to the oven again. Bake for about 40 minutes until the biscotti is dry.
- Cool and serve as accompaniment to various soups.
These articles come directly from researchers and are passed on to everybody. SiberianPineNutOil.org assumes no liability for any content in these articles. For Educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.