Hummus with pine nuts and cayenne pepper
How to cook Hummus with pine nuts and cayenne pepper
Cooking time: • Calories: 415 calories • Servings: 6
- Chickpeas 1 can
- Lemon 1 piece
- Garlic 1 clove
- Pine nuts 1 tablespoon
- Tahini 3 tablespoons
- Pine nut oil 3.5 tablespoons
- Cumin (zira) 1 tsp
- Pita 1 piece
- Greens to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper pinch
- Drain the liquid from a can of chickpeas. It will be used later. Wash the chickpeas well and put them in a bowl (leave a few peas for decoration). Squeeze juice from one lemon. Crush cumin in powder and finely chop garlic.
- Put chickpeas into the blender, add three tablespoons of pine nut oil, cumin, lemon juice, garlic, salt and a couple of tablespoons of liquid from a can of chickpeas. Blend all this until a thick homogeneous mass.
- Add three tablespoons of tahini to the mix and blend again. If necessary, add more tahini, and if the mixture is rather dry - add more of chickpeas juice. Put resulting mix into a fridge for 1-2 hours: hummus should become cool and infuse.
- Roast the pine nuts in a heated dry frying pan for about a minute. Then put pita in their place and fry slightly too so that it becomes crispy. Put the hummus in a plate, add half a tablespoon of pine nut oil and decorate with pine nuts and left chickpeas.
- Sprinkle hummus with a pinch of cayenne pepper and finely chopped greens. Serve with pita, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers and other vegetables.
TIP TO THE RECIPE
Instead of canned chickpeas, you can take 200 grams of dry ones. They should be soaked overnight in cold water in 1:3 ratio to peas, then rinse well, then again refill with water (also in the ratio of one to three) and cook without adding salt for at least 1.5 hour.
These articles come directly from researchers and are passed on to everybody. SiberianPineNutOil.org assumes no liability for any content in these articles. For Educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.